Ferulic acid (FA) is a phytochemical found in plant cell walls. A phytochemical is a chemical compound created by plants to help them thrive and also to protect them from predators and pathogens. Phytochemicals, such as antioxidants, are generally considered beneficial to human health. They are known for their anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Moreover, the structure of ferulic acid is similar to that of tyrosine and is believed to inhibit melanin formation through competitive inhibition with tyrosine. Ferulic acid (0.5%) is able to protect human skin from UV irradiation.50 The ferulic acid ester also exhibited an inhibitory effect on melanin production, and is anticipated to become a potential pigmentation inhibitor. With these positive finding, ferulic acid has been widely used in cosmetics applications for absorbing the long UV wavelength, as sunscreen or as a whitening agent.
As both a protector and booster, ferulic acid has many benefits for skin.
- Ferulic acid calms the skin. As an antioxidant, ferulic acid has a gentle effect on the skin, allowing it to stay at its most stable.
- Ferulic acid visibly plumps the look of beautiful skin. Ferulic acid will help firm and tighten your look.
- Ferulic acid helps skin tone stay even. Ferulic acid can help minimize the appearance of dark spots and temporary redness to promote healthy looking skin.
- Ferulic acid can help boost vitamin C and E. Ferulic acid is known for its ability to enhance the effects of vitamins found in skincare like vitamin C and E, helping to stabilize them so they leave skin appearing luminous.
- Ferulic acid helps protect skin. Infusing your skin with protective botanicals, ferulic acid provides powerful antioxidant activity to help promote beautiful skin.
- Ferulic acid visibly plumps fine lines temporarily. By protecting the skin from environmental stressors, ferulic acid keeps skin looking its youngest.
- Ferulic acid helps stop environmental stressors that clog pores. By stopping environmental stressors from reaching the skin to begin with, ferulic acid helps keep pores from getting clogged to begin with.
- Ferulic acid fights aging. Because ferulic acid acts as something of a barrier between your skin and the world, it helps reduce the visibility of aging.
Ascorbic acid—also known as L-ascorbic acid—has the most research of any form of vitamin C when it comes to benefits for skin. It is a potent antioxidant and skin-soothing agent that can improve the appearance of signs of aging. Topical vitamin C can help diminish the visibility of pigmentation, is involved in the collagen production process, may be involved in inflammation, reduce the sun’s effects on the skin, and maintain skin barrier integrity. Ascorbic acid is also a powerhouse when mixed with other antioxidants, or when used alone in higher concentrations.
Vitamin E -also known as tocopherol- is a very potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory with various skin benefits, it can help support the health and appearance of skin, protecting it from UV damage and possibly slowing down the aging process. Vitamin E prevent the formation of wrinkles by blocking free radical damage, reduce wrinkles by boosting collagen production, support new skin cell growth and speed up cell regeneration and reduce skin inflammation.
Vitamin B5 works as a moisturizer and anti-inflammatory agent, reducing facial blemishes and enhancing the healing process of skin wounds. Helps to stabilize your skin’s barrier function which increases the amount of water your skin holds on to. The stabilization results in an increase in the amount of water in your skin. Sooths and softens skin, by plumping up the topmost layer of your skin to look fuller and less lined. The healing and anti-inflammatory properties of Vitamin B5 can help with scarring, wound healing, and skin conditions such as cystic acne, eczema, and rosacea.
Caution: Can cause irritation, redness and peeling, especially in the early stages of treatment while skin builds tolerance. If persistent irritation occurs, discontinue use. Keep out of reach of children.
Ingredients: Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Capric Caprylic Triglyceride, Glycerine, Xanthan Gum, ProVitamin B5 (D-Phanthenol), Ferulic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglucerin